There are several options you have when it comes to installing radiant floor heating in Nyack, both in type of radiant heating you use and how it’s installed. Understanding your options helps ensure that you choose a type and method of installation that will work best for you and your home. The trained experts at Design Air, Inc., have installed numerous radiant flooring systems, and can help you with yours. If you are ready to install a new radiant heating system, call us today!
Types of Radiant Flooring
There are two types of radiant flooring:
Electric radiant flooring heats your floor by electrifying cables. These cables can be installed in 3 ways:
- Installed directly to subfloor – the cables are installed directly to the subfloor, usually in a specific pattern.
- Installed as a mat – the electric cables are woven into a mat of electrically-conductive plastic; the matting is then installed to subflooring or mounted directly underneath your surface floor.
- Wet installation – with a wet installation, the cables are laid into wet cement; when the cement hardens, the dried cement slab acts as a radiant slab when the cables are electrified.
Hydronic radiant flooring uses hot water or steam to heat your home. Utilizing flexible PEX tubing, hydronic radiant flooring can be installed in two ways: either mounted underneath your flooring or by wet installation. Like electric cables, the PEX tubing is laid in wet cement, creating a cement slab when the cement dries.
Benefits of a Wet Installation
There are a couple of benefits of wet installation worth considering:
- Protection of the tubing or cable – because the tubing or electric cables are embedded in concrete, each is afforded a level of protection from potential damage.
- Acts as a heating slab – the concrete slab acts as a radiant slab when used with radiant heating, adding additional heating power to your home.
Radiant heating is a step-by-step process that requires expertise to ensure that your home heats correctly. The professionals at Design Air, Inc., have the knowledge and experience to install any radiant heating system, so give us a call today!