If you’ve spent even one summer season in the area, you know that those months can be brutally hot. Thank goodness for the modern technology that allows us to keep our homes at least somewhat cool and comfortable when the weather outside is unbearable. At least, this is what you’d be saying if your AC operated properly.
It’s every homeowner’s worst nightmare: the heat is coming and your AC is refusing to operate. What are you going to do? You can try to force it to run or schedule another repair but in your heart of hearts, you know these options aren’t likely to work. The only air conditioning service in Nanuet, NY that is going to help you now is a replacement. But how do you know it’s time to say goodbye? Watch out for these indicators.
It’s Time to Replace Your AC System If…
Okay, for starters, if your AC unit looks like the one in the photo above, you should really reach out for a replacement soon. Other than that though, here are some additional indicators that will tell you when it is time for a replacement.
- Your system is just plain old. How old is your air conditioner? If it is only around 10 years old, you may be able to get things running again with a repair service. But if your AC is just old, as in 15 years or more in age, it is time to plan for a new system to be installed. Even if your system still operates, it can’t compare to the effectiveness and efficiency a newer AC will offer.
- The AC doesn’t respond anymore. When you go to turn the air conditioner on it should respond quickly. If, however, your system has a major delay before it turns on or it simply doesn’t respond anymore, you likely need to find a new AC.
- Any air produced isn’t cool. Let’s say your air conditioner does turn on and blow air into the home–that’s great. What temperature is that air? Is it warm? If so, chances are that your AC may not be able to do the key part of its job anymore: cooling the air in your home! If this is the case, there’s no point in keeping it around.
- Running your AC skyrockets your bills. Do you have to check your bank account before you turn on your air conditioner? Cooling off the house shouldn’t be cost-prohibitive! Skyrocketing energy bills that result from using your AC are a sign something is very wrong.
- The system runs on R-22. The refrigerant known as R-22 is no longer being produced which means if your AC uses this chemical it will eventually be impossible to provide it with a recharge should it ever develop a refrigerant leak. Rather than waiting for this to happen, plan ahead to get a replacement and install a system that uses R-410A instead.
Act now and make sure your A/C doesn’t give you hot flashes! Contact the team at EB Design Air Inc. to schedule your replacement today.