Coronavirus Update: We care about your health and continue to service our customers safely. Ask us about our FREE Virtual Sales Quote. Read More

Skip navigation

Serving Rockland, Orange, Westchester and Northern Bergen Counties

We won't leave you home or business until you're 100% satisfied

24 hour

Emergency Service

845-357-3580

DIY vs. Professional Wiring Services

Wiring is an important part of any house. It is vital for ensuring that electricity runs efficiently and safely. Additionally, it enhances the product’s life, especially if it is an air conditioner or a heating pump, or furnace. 

Homeowners tend to ignore electrical wiring because it is out of sight. Neglect may cause issues later on that can result in a big dent in your pocket, such as a complete re-wiring of your house. It may also lead to changing all appliances because of their lack of efficiency. 

Additionally, homeowners may try to play with faulty electrical wiring themselves, but it could be dangerous. This is true, especially if you have never dealt with wiring before. Some know-how of it will only get you so far. This is why a professional wiring service is important if you want to stay away from accidents. 

So, how can you determine your wiring is faulty? Here are some things you may look out for:

Flickering Lights 

The lights in your home may flicker from time to time. This may indicate that the wiring is faulty to becoming loose. If unattended, it may lead to a short circuit. 

Frequent Circuit Breaker Tripping 

If your electrical panel has a circuit breaker or multiple circuit breakers that keep tripping, it’s possible that there is an electrical problem that must be fixed. 

Switchboard Issues 

Faulty wiring can also cause switchboards to turn black or appear charred. Moreover, it may also shock anyone who touches the wiring, indicating loose wiring.

Burning Smell 

The burning smell from switchboards or lights is also a clear sign of faulty wiring. Overlooking it may lead to an electrical fire. 

Usually, these issues are caused by the actions of homeowners since they are known to undertake DIY wiring projects themselves. For example, they may leave a wire unexposed. This is particularly dangerous if people are unaware and accidentally touch it. It can cause electrocution. 

Using too many extension cords and power strips in a single outlet is also a cause of faulty wiring. Additionally, homeowners may see some loose wiring hanging out from an outlet. They may want to push the wires in the back of the switch. However, this can lead to an electrical fire. Not only this, but if a plug falls out of a switch and homeowners try to place it back in, chances are it may cause arcing. The arcing could lead to a fire. 

Calling A Professional Wiring Service Provider 

Homeowners must call for a professional wiring service provider to avoid the accidents mentioned above and play it safe with electrical wiring. The experts can help minimize damage and can detect potential dangers.

If you want to call in an expert to check your electrical wiring in New City, NY, there is no better option than EB Design Air Inc. Call them or visit their website. Act now to make sure your A/C doesn’t give you hot flashes!

Comments are closed.

EB Design Air Inc.

120 Route 59, Hillburn, NY 10931

Come Visit Our Showroom

(A Minute Past Suffern)
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed Sunday

845-357-3580

24 Hour Emergency Service