Carbon monoxide leaks present a very real threat. Because carbon monoxide (CO) is odorless and colorless it is impossible to detect without the aid of a high quality, properly installed carbon monoxide detector. If you do not have carbon monoxide detectors in your home or have any reason to be concerned with the condition of your carbon monoxide detector it is important that you call a New City HVAC professional service provider right away. Design Air installs and services dependable carbon monoxide detectors, and we’ve compiled some further information to help protect you from the potential threat that carbon monoxide poses.
Symptoms of Exposure to Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide exposure symptoms are similar to those of the flu except without the fever. Headache, fatigue, nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath are all symptoms of low level exposure to carbon monoxide. Higher exposure levels may result in mental confusion, vomiting, unconsciousness, and loss of muscular coordination. The higher and longer the exposure level the more severe the symptoms. While the best way to prevent exposure to CO is with the help of a dependable carbon monoxide detector, there are some preventive measures you can take that will greatly reduce the likelihood of CO exposure.
Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide Exposure
- Never have appliances or comfort systems installed or maintained by anyone other than qualified professionals.
- Do not run any gas powered generators or appliances indoors, even with windows or doors open.
- Ovens and ranges are for cooking; never attempt to heat your home with them.
- Do not burn charcoal inside a home, garage or vehicle for any reason.
- Keep vents and chimneys clear of obstructions during home renovation.
- Never leave a car running in a garage, even if the door is open.
- Do not use any fuel burning equipment such as propane camping stoves indoors.
Remember, the best way to protect yourself and your home from the potential dangers of carbon monoxide exposure is with a high quality, professionally maintained and serviced CO detector. If your CO detector ever goes off, exit the building immediately and call for professional help. Keep your home safe with a reliable CO detector installation from Design Air. We have years of experience with carbon monoxide detector installation and service in New City and the surrounding area, and we’re happy to make you more comfortable in your home.