When considering heating options for your home, you may have to decide between different types of fireplaces. While you may enjoy the pleasant crackling of a wood burning stove or fireplace, you may also want something cleaner, more efficient, and with less hassle than cutting or acquiring wood. A gas fireplace is an excellent alternative to conventional heating options. Call Design Air, Inc. today for comprehensive gas fireplace installation in Rockland County, NY.
There are a number of benefits to using a gas fireplace. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Style. Many gas fireplaces feature elegant brick backgrounds and light accents. They seamlessly blend into your home, while providing the warmth and comfort of a traditional fireplace. You will have a much more diverse range of fireplace options if you choose gas.
- No chimney. The cost of installing a chimney to accompany your wood fireplace can be substantial. A gas fireplace usually has a direct venting system. However, if you have an existing chimney, you can find gas fireplace inserts that work with your existing chimney.
- Energy efficient. While gas is known to be an efficient fuel, gas fireplace efficiency depends on your utility bills. Some companies charge significantly different amounts for gas and electricity.
- Remote control. Want to change your temperature from across the room? Remote control of your gas fireplace is a great convenience. No need to traipse outside for another log. Warmer temperatures are available with just a click of the button.
- Ease of operation. Your natural gas fireplace is as easy to turn on and off as a television set.
- Warmer. Many gas fireplaces feature a blower that helps circulate the warm air so that it can more evenly warm the home and not just heat a single room. Many of these are also made with quiet fan technology for quieter operation.
- Ease of installation. Gas fireplaces are generally easier to install than wood-fueled ones, and are a great option if you have an existing gas line for a gas furnace or boiler.
- No creosote. Creosote build-up is common in wood fireplaces. It can accumulate to such an extent as to reduce airflow, and even cause fires.
Whatever your reasons for choosing a gas fireplace, the benefits are clear. If you think a gas fireplace may be the heating solution for you, call Design Air, Inc. today for a Rockland County, NY gas fireplace installation service.